Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Thursday 4 February 2010

Swimathon!


In April, I'm doing a swimathon to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Research.

The swimathon is a national event taking place in April, with around 500 pools up and down the country taking part. Individuals and teams will be swimming a variety of distances in an effort to beat the 2009 fundraising total of £1.5 million for cancer research!

This year, three friends and I have decided to do our bit to help, and together we're going to swim 5k (about 200 lengths) to raise as much as we can.

Almost everyone's lives have been touched by cancer in some way, whether it's them personally, a relative or a friend, and many families have been left with an unfillable hole. But diagnosis and treatment is improving all the time, and with more funding the prognosis will get better and better.

If you can, please help us in our fundraising efforts and donate £1 on my fundraising page, and I will love you forever!

Thank you!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment