Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Thursday 25 February 2010

Hat Pattern!

I've been crocheting a lot the last couple of weeks, and the other day I made a lovely snuggly hat! I had bought six balls of emu snowball wool off ebay in a gorgeous dark brown colour, and have decided to turn it into a series of small items instead of one big thing.

This wool is really chunky which makes it lovely to work with as the piece grows so fast! Here is me modelling my lovely new hat :) which is keeping my head warm today.

Now for the pattern.... you can make it longer or shorter easily by adding more or less rows, but I just kept going until the ball of wool was used up! I crocheted it in the round, something I love doing as it means there is no sewing up to do at the end!

abbr:
ch - chain
dc - double crochet
htr - half treble
tr - treble
ss - slip stitch

Wool: emu snowball
Hook: 9mm

Foundation: ch4, ss into a loop

1st: 3ch, 8tr into loop, ss into 3ch
2nd: 3ch, tr into same stitch as ss, 2tr into each tr on previous row, ss into top of 3ch
3rd: 3ch, into first tr from previous row: 2tr, into second tr from previous row 1tr, continue (2tr, 1tr, 2tr, 1tr) to end of row, ss into top of 3ch
4th: 2ch, 1htr into each tr
5th: 2ch, into first htr from previous row: 2tr, into next 4 htr from previous row 1htr, continue (2htr, 1htr, 1htr, 1htr, 1htr, 2htr...) to end of row, ss into top of 2ch
6th: 3ch, 1tr into each htr on previous row, ss into top of 3ch
7th: 2ch, 1htr into each tr on previous row, ss into top of 2ch
8th: repeat row 7
9th & 10th: repeat row 6
11th: repeat row 7
12th: 1ch, 1dc into each htr on previous row, ss into 1ch and finish off.

Enjoy!

This is my own pattern: feel free to recreate it for personal use but please do not use the pattern or products produced from it for commercial purposes or resale, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment