Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Thursday 11 February 2010

Interview with Rose Lullaby Dolls

For my interview this week I'm talking to Robyn, who has a really unique range of products. Robyn's shop, Rose Lullaby Dolls, is stocked with lovely handmade dolls each with a their own name and a real character of their own. If dolls aren't your thing, then make sure you check out the beautiful cards also on offer.

Let's hear from Robyn:

If you were a flower, what would you be?

I’ve always loved daisies - I had them painted on my DM’s as a teenager and our wedding colours were white yellow and green like a daisy too. I love how clean and bright, but not garish they are.

What is your favourite meal?

Lasagne, preferably cooked by my mum.

Cadbury’s or Galaxy?

Cadbury’s every time, though these days I’m a bit addicted to my 85% cocoa dark choc...

What’s your favourite colour?

I think green, it can be deep and jewel coloured, or light and springy, its a versatile colour!

And now about your work.

How did you get started?

I’m a set and costume designer for theatre who’s always loved puppets so I started making them for shows Then I started making them as art objects. Now they no longer have rods or strings but they are made in the same way as I make puppets.

What’s your favourite material to work with and why?

Fabric. you can do anything with it, sew it, cover it in glue and sculpt it, weave it, shread it, paint it, dye it you name it I’ve done it!

When you need some inspiration, where do you go?

To the park.

What’s the first thing you remember making?

My mum was in charge of the arts and crafts at our playgroup so we usd to try out everything she’d devised first, lots of loo roll and sugar paper creations!

What’s your favourite item in your shop?

My custom puppet dolls, working from photographs I make people into dolls! It’s so much fun and always challenging, i love it!


Thank you Robyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment