Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Monday 25 January 2010

Top 20 Films

Following on from my favourite books from last week, someone suggested I list my favourite films. I have to admit I'm not nearly such a big film buff as I am books, but if I find something good then nothing will tear me away.

Having said that, it does take a very good film to make me do nothing but watch the film. I'm a confirmed fidget - probably part of the reason why I like craft so much, it gives me something to do with my hands! More often than not if I'm sat in front of the television I will be busy making jewellery, knitting or writing letters whilst watching. Obviously this has a tendency to distract me from the film, and if I get too distracted I'll give up with the film and go and get a book.

So, my list of favourite films is made up of films that have held my attention enough that I watched it and paid attention all the way to the end! My tastes lean generally towards science fiction and fantasy, with a good smattering of rom coms for when I'm in a silly mood. No horror movies though, I'm not someone who likes to be scared for my own amusement!

As with the books, these aren't in any ranked order.

1. The Bourne Identity
2. The Matrix (the first one)
3. Notting Hill
4. Bridget Jones' Diary - to be watched with my sister and chocolate :)
5. 300
6. Family Guy Blue Harvest - sooooo funny!
7. Sliding Doors
8. Lord of the Rings - the first two, I did like the third but found the end dragged out too long
9. St. Trinian's
10. Armageddon - my favourite of all the end of the world type films
11. Independence Day - Just cos Will Smith is awesome
12. Men In Black
13. Finding Neverland - but make sure you have a considerable supply of tissues
14. The Italian Job - the original one of course!
15. Space Cowboys
16. Twilight
17. The Towering Inferno - a bit dated now but great
18. Kingdom of Heaven
19. X-Men - the first one
20. Groundhog Day

No comments:

Post a Comment