Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Sunday 17 January 2010

Introduction

Hello!

Welcome to Flutterbies!

I have always loved any craft, be it sewing, knitting, glass painting, silk painting... you name it and I've probably tried it somewhere along the way!

Some years ago now though, I fell in love with beads and the endless possibilities for working with them. I primarily make jewellery, and for some time have been using it for birthday and Christmas presents as well as selling it through some local shops.

A few months ago now, I discovered an amazing online community called folksy which enabled me to set up my own online store. With support and encouragement from all the other amazingly talented people there, I'm more passionate about my craft than ever!

So welcome to my blog, where I'll share photos, tutorials, hints and tips, links to some of the best handmade items out there, as well as the odd competition and giveaway. So please add me and keep checking back to see what's new!

2 comments: