Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Saturday 15 January 2011

Sew Much Fun!

I am quite excited today!

For a while I've been focusing my efforts on starting a craft group in Nottingham, and the first meeting is finally rolling round on Monday!

It's so much fun to get together with a group of people and share what you're passionate about, and this is an opportunity to do just that. It was much easier to organise than I initially thought, and there has been a lot more interest than I expected - there are a lot of enthusiastic crafters out there!

I set up a website for the group through Meetup, a great place for aspiring groups to get themselves seen. If you want to check it out, you can find my web page here. At some point I'd like to design my own website, but that's for another day...

I've been a bit overwhelmed by people's generosity as well; the first session is meeting at my house, as I didn't know of a venue that wouldn't cost a small fortune to hire, but just this week I've heard from the Nottinghack group offering a potential venue! I'm going to check it out next week so fingers crossed...

I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment