Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Interview with Haptree

I've finally found my way back online... life has been a bit crazy lately; I've moved house, I'm getting married in 11 days (11 days!) and have got my first round of professional exams in November. Jewellery making has somewhat taken a back seat lately.

But it hasn't taken a back seat for everyone, particularly not for Hilary, the brains behind Haptree on Folksy, as well as her own website, who's shared a bit about her life and craft...



We would like to get to know a bit more about the person behind the craft.

If you were an animal, what would you be? – A horse, possibly with wings.

Cadbury or Galaxy? – Green & Blacks

What film did you last see at the cinema and what did you think of it? – Where the Wild things Are – I thought it was strange, interesting, depressing and yet uplifting.

What is your favourite season? It’s tough as I think I enjoy the beginning of every season and yet I can’t wait for the next.

And now about your work.

What’s the first thing you can remember making?

A green and red stripy knitted rectangle.

What’s your favourite material to work with and why?

I like sewing beautiful Japanese cotton best.

Who has been your biggest inspiration?

My partner has an amazing attention to detail and I’d like to hope a bit of it has rubbed off on me since we’ve been together.

What’s your best crafty tip?

Measure twice, cut once – it’s boring but saves time and money and four letter words.

What’s your favourite item in your shop? (can you give me a link for it, thanks)

Allways the one I listed most recently!

Also, if you take a trip over to Haptree's blog, you could win yourself a gorgeous selection of items in her competition, including the red purse at the top of the page.

Thanks Hilary!

1 comment:

  1. Gold would have value if for no other reason than that it enables a citizen to fashion his financial escape from the state.
    coins for sale

    ReplyDelete