Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Monday 19 April 2010

New job and swimming!

I feel very much like I've vanished lately! I started a new job at the beginning of last week and it comes with a fairly hefty commute, and I've spent most of my evenings totally wiped out!

The weekend was good though and I'm very proud of myself as I completed the Marie Curie Swimathon!

It was a great afternoon on Saturday, and myself and two friends managed to swim 5km to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care, and did it in a faster time than we predicted so were very happy!

So far we've raised about £250 for Marie Curie and are sooooooo happy with it, but if anyone can spare £1 then we are still busy collecting and all donations are incredibly gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment