Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Mini Scarf

I've been an on-off knitter for years; I've only ever started two big projects, a poncho which took me about 2 years to make, and a long cardigan which I've been working on for the last 18 months (currently on the sleeves so getting there, albeit slowly!). The trouble is, I have a week or so where I knit every evening and then I get sidetracked by my beads again.

However, recently I stumbled across Creative Open Workshops which are evening craft courses run at the Custard Factory in Birmingham and I've been learning to crochet. The beauty is they're all quick projects than can be completed in one or two evenings, perfect for me!

Doing the courses (I now have a room full of crocheted hats because they're so fun to make!) has got me investigating other quick crochet and knitting projects, and last night I found the quickest of all... In less than an hour I made a mini scarf!


It was so simple to do, and knitting on 12 mm needles meant it grew incredibly fast. I finished it off with a wooden toggle button I found in one of my craft boxes, and I love it! The wool is awesome too, it's made from Rowan Big Wool Tuft which has fluffy bits of wool sticking out all over. Unfortunately I think this wool is discontinued now but I found some on ebay.

Making them is so addictive and so quick though that I got most of the way through a second on the train this morning.... Not sure what I'm going to do with all the spares I can see I'm going to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment