Hello and welcome to my little section of the cyber world! I'm a working girl who spends most of her spare time surrounded by beads and wire, and when I'm not doing that I'm probably reading or baking... or wedding planning... I have an online shop where I sell my beaded creations, and this is a place for me to talk about anything that strikes me!

Monday 5 April 2010

Interview with Lazy Daisy

First of all, a belated Happy Easter! I hope you've been thoroughly enjoying the bank holiday weekend! Due to the bank holiday I'm a bit delayed in putting up last weeks interview, but here we go... This week I'm talking to Kate from Lazy Daisy, a shop full of fantastic button and glass jewellery!

We would like to get to know a bit more about the person behind the craft.

If you were an animal, what would you be?

A cat, preferably a pampered one.

What is your favourite day of the week?

Friday, I only work half day and the whole weekend is still ahead.

If you were stuck on a desert island, what one thing would you want to have with you?

If I was sensible, a satellite phone, but in reality probably a craft kit!

Who would play you in the film of your life?

Emma Thompson. I would like to say someone more glamorous but fear I may be struck by a thunderbolt!

And now about your work.

How did you get started?

I learnt to crochet at primary school and started making bead earrings at high school.

What’s your favourite material to work with and why?

I love beads and buttons, especially buttons. I used to love emptying out my Grandmother’s button box and sorting through it, I love finding different and interesting buttons and get sadly excited by a new find!!

Where do you go for inspiration?

I always notice what people are wearing. My younger sister is a good source of inspiration as she likes things that are different and less run of the mill.

What’s your best crafty tip?

Try and source materials from the manufacturer.

What’s your favourite item in your shop?

It is usually whatever I last made but at the moment it is a button bracelet made of vintage buttons.

Thanks Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment